Sunday 24 February 2008

My Talks


My newest talk" Finding the Needle in the Haystack" - researching your London Ancestors - was given to the Sussex Family History Group in Chichester on Wednesday 25th November.
My latest talk


. " Finding the Needle in the Haystack" - researching your London Ancestorswas given to the Sussex Family History Group in Chichester on Wednesday 25th November
http://www.sfhg.org.uk/chichesterprog.html

" My Granny's Photos"
is the first talk I ever gave and it show how I used Victorian photos to start researching my family history.



" The Military Macaroni" - concentrates on Charles Horneck.

This subject was featured in a BBC" Making History" programme



“A Nest of Hornecks” is based on the lives of the Horneck family: Charles, Mary (the ‘Jessamy Bride’) and Catherine (‘Little Comedy’).. Their story encompasses duels, elopements, divorces, scandals and other intrigues and gives a flavour of life in London at the time of George III. .




" Harps, Haarnacks and the Naked Chef"
is about my quest to find out more about my ancestors' harp making business in London and how I traced back to 1808.
Wouldn't you just like to walk into this shop?

Go to previous post and click on movie clip to see Jamie Oliver do just that.



























No comments:

Post a Comment